× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't find RND2110v2 in network

Bobmars
Aspirant

Can't find RND2110v2 in network

Can't find RND2110v2 in network

I need some help on windows 10 configuration. With raidair I can find my NAS system and it seem to be working. When I try to connect the system tells me that some network setting might not be correct. Adding \\192.168..... directly to explorer shows as well no device... . In the networkview I also cannot find my nas system. Firewalls are all turned off. What else can I try?

I know that I started this thread before but unfotunately I did not successfully close it.... so I give it a new try

THX

Robert

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
bedlam1
Prodigy

Change your Laptop IP to:  192.168.1.65

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What firmware does RAIDar say the NAS is running?

Message 2 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Bobmars,

Based from the previous thread, you are not able to ping the NAS IP address. May I know the NAS IP address on RAIDar and also the computer LAN IP? 

Are you also not able to access the NAS when you use a different computer?

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 8
Bobmars
Aspirant

Hi John,

NAS Firmwareversion: 5.3.7

NAS IP: 192.168.1.5

Laptop IP:  192.168.0.65

CU

Robert

Message 4 of 8
ilneill
Apprentice

You might want to check the IP address configuration of you laptop and your NAS. If they both have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, then that will explain your connectivity issues. If they have that mask, they are on different logical networks.

The fact that RaidAR works indicates that your boxes are on the same physical network so adjusting addresses temporarily will get you access, but long term both boxes need to be on the same logical network network as your router. If the mask is as I suspect, then the first 3 numbers of all your IP addresses need to be the same, if the boxes are to be on the same logical network.

I hope this helps you.
Message 5 of 8
bedlam1
Prodigy

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@bedlam1 wrote:

I think @Bobmars needs to understand the proper fix (which almost certainly is to change the NAS IP address).  Changing the laptop IP address temporarily is one way to reach the NAS, but that is only to allow you to reconfigure the NAS network setup.

The key here is whether the router is set to use 192.168.0.x addresses.  If the laptop uses the usual DHCP setup, then it is using 192.168.0.x.  Also, if the laptop can connect to the internet over wifi or ethernet, then the router must be using 192.168.0.x.  If either is true, then the NAS has somehow been set up to use an incompatible address (192.168.1.x), and that needs to be changed in the NAS.

Getting access to the NAS to make that change can be done in a couple of ways:

• Change the router's LAN network to 192.168.1.x and reconnect the laptop to the router network.
  • Temporarily assign a 192.168.1.x address to the laptop, just to allow it to reach the NAS
  • Do an OS reinstall on the NAS, which will reset it to use DHCP.  That will also reset the admin password to password.

All of these work, though the first one is often simplest.  And in fact, you can simply leave the router set up to use 192.168.1.x.

Once you have access, then I recommend configuring the NAS to use DHCP to get it's address.   Most routers support a feature called address reservation, which will give the same IP to the NAS every time.  It's good to use that feature with servers, so you should look for that feature in your router.  If you have trouble finding it, post your router brand and model here.

Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

5.3.7 is very old firmware. Now that the access problem is resolved you should consider updating the firmware.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements