× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't login via ReadyNAS Remote after upgrade to Yosemit

avarabyeu
Guide

Can't login via ReadyNAS Remote after upgrade to Yosemite

Hi all! After upgrade to Yosemite i'm not able to login via ReadyNAS Remote application. In this time, online login works fine. Looks like there is some compatibility issues with new OS X version
Message 1 of 24
mrwizard93
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.

I get to the login screen but the app can't and says Login Failed.

I wonder if it is some port access issue (that's a little bit above my pay grade ... hahaha).
Message 2 of 24
ryanasimov
Aspirant

I've got the same problem, and I've posted about this in the Remote section of the forums. No replies yet.
Message 3 of 24
avarabyeu
Guide

Guys, is there any way to push this issue forward to Netgear Support?
Message 4 of 24
StephenB
Guru

avarabyeu wrote:
Guys, is there any way to push this issue forward to Netgear Support?
Open email cases via support.netgear.com
Message 5 of 24
avarabyeu
Guide

Support has rejected issue since my guarantee has expired...
Message 6 of 24
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have contacted engineering about this issue.
Message 7 of 24
avarabyeu
Guide

Mdgm, thanks a lot!
Message 8 of 24
NV_v2
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. "LogIn Failed" notification pops up when trying to log into ReadyNAS remote.
Message 9 of 24
Skytec
Aspirant

Looks like I am not the only one facing the same problem. Looking forward to having this issue addressed by Netgear soon.
Message 10 of 24
avarabyeu
Guide

Tried to install VPN Server addon instead of 'Remote'. Works fine, but VPN server loads CPU a lot (my ReadyNAS is based on ARM), there were no such problems with 'Remote'. So, looking forward to fixing this. By the way, does anybody tried openVPN instead of VPN addon (which is based on SoftEther VPN)?Or there is some another one with better performance?
Message 11 of 24
jsavely
Aspirant

I have a client with the same issue.
Message 12 of 24
marcibm
Aspirant

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?
Message 13 of 24
avarabyeu
Guide

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?

Looks like no :). Personally i've refused built-in VPN support and installed openVPN server by hands. It works fine and I believe this is a better solution than waiting forever for Netgear support. If somebody need help with openVPN configuration, feel free to post questions in this thread.
Message 14 of 24
ryanasimov
Aspirant

It's not like Apple surprised everyone by releasing Yosemite last month. It was announced and available for developers many months ago. Netgear should have at least made a forum announcement that upgrading would break RN Remote.
Message 15 of 24
avarabyeu
Guide

Installing openVPN partially solves issue with ReadyNAS Remote. But, there is two kinks of VPN connection (in openVPN terminology): TUN and TAP.
TUN works fine, but don't pass multicast packets, this is why Plex or iTunes DAAP servers cannot be found by remote clients. This means that you have to specify server address explicitly. As for iTunes, Apple didn't leave users possibility to make it, so you cannot access remote share on your NAS.

TAP interface can pass multicast packets, but it cannot be configured on ReadyNAS OS. Some part of problem is described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8080 ... -installed

So, please let me know if somebody know how to avoid issue with openVPN TAP interface.
Message 16 of 24
Z3NO
Aspirant

avarabyeu wrote:

Looks like no :). Personally i've refused built-in VPN support and installed openVPN server by hands. It works fine and I believe this is a better solution than waiting forever for Netgear support. If somebody need help with openVPN configuration, feel free to post questions in this thread.

I would welcome a step-by-step walkthrough very much! 🙂
Message 17 of 24
scoobydoo_1
Aspirant

Same "login failed" issue here.

OSX 10.10.2
ReadyNASRemote 1.3.4
NV+ v1
RAIDiator 4.1.14

I can ftp into the device on mac. I am able to remote connect using a couple different android devices. However, ReadyNASRemote on Mac has been spotty, at best, dating back to Snow Leopard. So frustratingly tired of searching forums for a "fix", everything from total software re-installs, TUN/TAP, running ReadyCloud and then ReadyNASRemote, none of which provide a dependable solution. As a self employed freelancer, I rely on easy to use and dependable remote connectivity. Netgear has clearly disappointed over the years. With that, goodbye Netgear NAS. Your replacement is on the big brown truck and it's not from Netgear. (Coming soon: Goodbye Netgear switch/hub. Goodbye Netgear router.)
Message 18 of 24
Nhellie
Virtuoso

scoobydoo_1,

Can you test this version?

http://www.readynas.com/contributed/mdg ... 1.2.15.pkg
Message 19 of 24
ryanasimov
Aspirant

v1.2.15 is the same version that has been reported as broken since December. It installs but does nothing when "Login" is clicked. Usually the menu icon flashes as it attempts to login but this version doesn't appear to even attempt.
Message 20 of 24
dhl
Luminary
Luminary

Having the same problem. In Yosemite, nothing happens when we try to log in. The menu item just stays gray. Definitely broken.
Any news about a fix? Thanks!
Message 21 of 24
ryanasimov
Aspirant

Version 1.3.4 is broken under OS X 10.10.3. It requires a reinstall after you logout from your Mac or reboot it. Why does this app break after each OS X update?
Message 22 of 24
Anawaz
Aspirant

I still can't log in to ReadyNAS Remote, even though the MacBook Pro and ReadyNas Remote are updated to latest official versions. Any news on a fix for this?
Message 23 of 24
silvercue
Aspirant

same problem, though I am new to Readynas remote so never had it working. Click LOGIN and nothing happens. no shares appear. readynas is set up as per instructions
Message 24 of 24
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements