× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't mount smb shares as users

Kalle13
Tutor

Can't mount smb shares as users

Hi, for many days I am trying to mount permanent my samba shares from my linux PC. It`s like this post. https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta/Can-t-mount-smb-shares-with-FW-gt-6-4-1/m-p/1034896#M... I don`t understand the solution of this link and I tried other solutions of other posts. Nothing worked that`s why I am posting this. I`ve tried everything: Changing my fstab. Changing my options on the NAS. -> Nothing works. I always get "mount error(13): Permission denied" After some time I realized I have to set the "anonymous" option on my share to mount it. Then I disabled the "anonymous" and changed the "username" option in my fstab from "admin" to "98" and I could mount it a second time. I also had write permissions. BUT after I started my backup script all was like in the beginning. Now I can only mount the share "anonymous" without write permission and I can`t mount it as a user. It is same as name "admin" or number "98" in my fstab. To clearify my backup script mounts the share, writes data and umounts the share. In the end nothing realy works. Now I am giving up. I hope you guys have a idea what`s going on. Best regards Kalle
Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Kalle13
Tutor

Re: Can't mount smb shares as users

After I created a new user with the right privileges I can now mount and write on my share. What`s this behaviour?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Are you wanting to mount it using credentials of a NAS user account?  Or are you wanting to use the NAS admin account?

Are you able to mount the share manually (without changing fstab)?

Message 2 of 5
Kalle13
Tutor

Hi,

it doesn`t matter for me if I am taking the user accounts or the admin account. In my attempts I tried a user account and the admin account. Main thing for me is, it`s working.

Yes, It did not worked.

Message 3 of 5
Kalle13
Tutor

I forgot to say, I did it without the credential option. I wrote the name and the password directly in my fstab.
Message 4 of 5
Kalle13
Tutor

After I created a new user with the right privileges I can now mount and write on my share. What`s this behaviour?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements