× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't open admin page after reinstall OS

Jianxin2023
Aspirant

Can't open admin page after reinstall OS

I forgot admin password, so reinstall OS. But I can't open admin page after reinstalling OS, page shows ERR_CONNECTION_RESET,  shows good in RAIDar. Would you please give me advice to fix this issue?

Jianxin2023_0-1694318096563.png

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't open admin page after reinstall OS

@Jianxin2023 wrote:

I forgot admin password, so reinstall OS. But I can't open admin page after reinstalling OS, page shows ERR_CONNECTION_RESET,  shows good in RAIDar. Would you please give me advice to fix this issue?

One possibility is that the browser has the old NAS password stored.  Try opening an incognito browser window to test this.

If you applied the add-on to add TLS 1.2 support to the web server, then that would likely have been undone when you did the OS reinstall.  You can try Edge in IE mode, or use FireFox (changing the tls security to allow TLS 1.0 in about:config).

Message 2 of 5
Jianxin2023
Aspirant

Thank you for your advice, I can login by Edge in IE mode, would you please advise if I can change Chrome setting so I can use Chrome to login?

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Jianxin2023 wrote:

would you please advise if I can change Chrome setting so I can use Chrome to login?

Unfortunately, no.

But you can install this add-on (provided by @WhoCares_), which adds TLS 1.2 support.  Then you can log in with Chrome.

Message 4 of 5
Jianxin2023
Aspirant

Thank you for your advice.

I will try that .

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation