× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't power-off RN-2120; so I can follow reset steps

Spanna
Aspirant

Can't power-off RN-2120; so I can follow reset steps

Hi. I just received a RN2120 (2nd hand) so attempting to reset the system and password. I believe the unit needs power and must be off so you can use the reset button whilst initiating a power-UP via the power button. Unfortunately my unit keeps powering up as soon as I provide a power supply. The blue power button is glowing.  I need it to be shutdown BUT have power supplied to the unit. What can I do? Scratching my head. Thanks! Milster

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Can't power-off RN-2120; so I can follow reset steps

Once the unit powers on, you should be able to hold the power button and turn it off.  But unless you also received the drives that were in the unit, there is no need to reset anything.  A factory default just clears the drives, where all the unit configuration data is stored, and re-loads the factory file system from flash memory.  If you start with fresh drives, it will just load the file system to them and let you start from scratch setting it up.

If you did get the drives, and the button isn't working for some reason, you can either remove the partitioning from them with a PC or you can do the factory default by plugging it in instead of using the button.  It's just a bit harder to acomplish that way -- you kinda need three hands.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements