× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't register ReadyNAS Already Registered

mpeline
Aspirant

Can't register ReadyNAS Already Registered

When I log in to my netgear account I am told that I have not registered any devices, and when I try to register my device I am told it has already been registered.. why and how do i fix it?
I also can't log in to Genie Aps even though I use the email address and code I log in to My Netgear account.
Hope anyone can help.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: x

Hi @mpleline

You will have to send customer service a request for this, I sent you a PM regarding this.

This should resolve your registration issue.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't register ReadyNAS Already Registered

Hi @mpeline

Welcome to the Community!

There are instances where you try to register your device to your MyNETGEAR Profile and failed but it is already registered under your account. We can then check if the device you registered is under your account. You can PM me your serial number and we will check and report if there's any issue on your registration.

On the other hand, there are refurbished products that might have been purchased online wherein the previous owner registered the device already. This cannot be undone since no Warranty and Support can be provided on refurbished products only the Community and the Support pages are available as Support option.

If you are the original purchaser of the product but the device has been registered to another profile or a profile that is inactive already and you need it to be registered to your current profile, you can provide a proof of purchase to Support so they can get it transferred.

Regarding the Genie App, it would be best if you can post it on the respective board.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 7
mpeline
Aspirant

x

Message 3 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @mpleline

You will have to send customer service a request for this, I sent you a PM regarding this.

Regards

Message 4 of 7
mpeline
Aspirant

Hi Marc

It's working now, thank you very much.

Message 5 of 7
raganello
Aspirant

@Marc_V wrote:

Hi @mpleline

Regards

Hi,   I have the same problem.    I purchased a pair of Orbi RBS50 from a seller via Amazon, but when trying to register I'm told the "serial number has already been registered to another customer".   How can I proceed please?  

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@raganello wrote:
   I have the same problem.    I purchased a pair of Orbi RBS50 from a seller via Amazon, but when trying to register I'm told the "serial number has already been registered to another customer".   How can I proceed please?  

Try emailing customer.service@netgear.com

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements