× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't register device to create support ticket #27431906

JWIT
Aspirant

Can't register device to create support ticket #27431906

Somewhere in the conversion from Netgear's ReadyCloud and My.Netgear conversion, my device is no longer associated to my business.  No device shows up under My Products, yet when I try to register my device, I get a message stating this device has already been registered online.  I try to contact Support (which I purchased back in May) and that is an absolute pathetic joke.  I get the same automated run-around to create a Support Ticket.  But I can't create a support ticket without first having a device registered.  

Can anyone offer any suggestion as to how to get a registered product re-registered so that I can create a Support Ticket to get my initial problem resolved?  Or better yet, how to actually speak to a human being from Netgear?

Firmware 6.5.1

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't register device to create support ticket #27431906

Your RN3138 is registered against the email you are using on the community. Is that the account you used to try to open a support case?

Anywya you now have a support case number. I've asked support to contact you.

Message 2 of 4
JWIT
Aspirant

Hi mdgm

Thank you for the quick reply.  YOU NAILED IT!!

Apparently my ReadyCLOUD account was setup under a different email address.  When I selected the link to "Upgrade to a MyNETGEAR Account," I assumed the ReadyCLOUD account credentials would be the credentials I would be using going forward for both maintaining my ReadyNAS as well as contacting support.  But if I'm understanding this correctly now, Support in accessed through "my.netgear.com" whereas managing the device is accessed through "ReadyCLOUD."     

Is this correct?

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Steve

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could ask support if your accounts can be merged.

If you'd use the same email address for both that would have happened automatically when you migrated your ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNETGEAR one.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements