× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't uninstall apps

Ceyropaiax
Guide

Can't uninstall apps

Tried to uninstall an app from the official app depository repeatedly but failed. The app looks like it's turned on-- on/off switch is grayed out. Clicking Remove results in an error message saying Can't Uninstall the app,

I have downloaded the logs but not sure which file to attach.

Model: RN526X| ReadyNAS 526X 6-Bay with up to 60TB total storage
Message 1 of 15
StephenB
Guru

What app are you trying to install, and what firmware are you running on the NAS?

Message 2 of 15
Ceyropaiax
Guide

2 apps actually: SMB Plus and uTorrent. Using the latest stable firmware on my 526X.

Message 3 of 15
Ceyropaiax
Guide

Can't attach any log file except jpg gif png pdf?

Model: RN526X| ReadyNAS 526X 6-Bay with up to 60TB total storage
Message 4 of 15
Ceyropaiax
Guide
StephenB
Guru

@Ceyropaiax wrote:

Using the latest stable firmware on my 526X.

Please post the actual version number.  At the moment, 6.9.5 is released/stable, but I don't think check-for-updates finds it yet.

@Ceyropaiax wrote:

2 apps actually: SMB Plus and uTorrent. 

It looks like you've done quite a bit of stuff with apt-get though, and there appears to be an unresolved issue with utserver.  Were the utserver errors in apt-history a result of ssh commands, or were they generated by the system somehow?

Message 6 of 15
Ceyropaiax
Guide

6.9.4 hotfix 1

I've only used SSH once to delete my old TIme Mahince backup. I turned off SSH afterwards immediately. I didn't encounter any error.

I just used SSH again to see if I could figure out what's wrong with utserver. I've attached the screenshot. Is it supposed to contain only one folder or is the app already removed but somehow ReadyNAS still sees it as installed?

Thank you for your patience in helping me.

Message 7 of 15
r32nj
Tutor

I am having the same problem when trying to uninstall uTorrent.  I had it installled for a couple weeks and decided to just stick with Transmission.  Now when I try to remove uTorrent it won't uninstall.

How did you fix this?

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 8 of 15
Ceyropaiax
Guide

I didn't. It's still there. It doesn't seem to impede the NAS's function so I just left it be. But it'd be nice if there's a solution.

Message 9 of 15
r32nj
Tutor

After I posted my question I decided to just delete the app folder that remained and that got rid of the "installed" app.

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 10 of 15
LeMMin9
Aspirant

Hi there everyone,

I've hit the same problem of being unable to uninstall OR install apps with my ReadyNAS 102.

Currently running 6.9.5 firmware, and the problem started with the Plex Media Server app.  It's currently auto turning itself off after about 3-5 minutes of running.  Just does it in the background and all of a sudden anything I'm watching just buffers and of course I cannot access the Plex web page as the app is 'OFF'

So I thought a fresh install of Plex might work, but I cannot unistall, did some reading and tried to install Python and that fails too.  So now I'm stuck with a useless Plex and cannot remove it.  Please help!

Ready to send logs when requested for the brains trust to see if they can decipher what my NAS is doing.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 11 of 15
chinimda
Aspirant

experiencing this problem too.  Please advise fix. thanks

Model: RN424| ReadyNAS 424 4-Bay with up to 40 TB total storage
Message 12 of 15
r32nj
Tutor

I switched to EMBY mainly because I like the Roku app much better than the last “upgrade” that PLEX made to the Roku app.
Message 13 of 15
Ceyropaiax
Guide

It's been a couple of months and it looks like your solution is the best if not the only one. Could you write a step-by-step instruction for how to delete the app folder? Does it require SSH?

Thank you.

Or if anyone else can post the solution, I'd highly appreciate it.

My NAS has since been updated to 6.10.1, latest stable.

Message 14 of 15
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hi @Ceyropaiax,

You can run :   

apt-get purge utserver

then

rm -rf  /apps/utserver

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats