× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can you mirror two NASs in two locations???

Cain1
Aspirant

Can you mirror two NASs in two locations???

We have two office locations.... We use our NAS in the main office like a server.

Is there any way to mirror another NAS in another office location over the Internet???

What I'd like is for our folks in our remote office to have access to their local NAS and its files would be identical to the files on the NAS in our main office.... They could read, write and edit files, and those edited and new files would then be mirrored back onto the main location's NAS.

Or locate the second NAS in a data center, and remote folks could access the NAS in the datacenter, but it would be identical to the NAS in the main office??
Message 1 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

This is exactly what Egnyte Local Cloud is designed for: http://www.readynas.com/?p=5768
Message 2 of 6
Cain1
Aspirant

Thank you! I will research it.
Message 3 of 6
Cain1
Aspirant

Bummer. We have an Ultra 2 Plus but apparently Egnyte only works with the business pro NAS.
Message 4 of 6
Cain1
Aspirant

Ok. Can you mirror two NASs in two different locations ?

Is that possible?
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could mirror the two NAS units using Egnyte Local Cloud, I think.

Most replication software does backup, not bidirectional syncing. ELC is pretty special in what it does.

ELC should work on the Ultra 2 Plus (but it's not supported by Egnyte, so not recommended).
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements