× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Access Admin Page

PJO25
Aspirant

Cannot Access Admin Page

i upgraded to the most recent firmware a week ago and the readynas was ok.  however, it is now not allowing me to access it.  i get to the password rpompt and then when the password is entered it goes straight to the 500 internal serer error.  i cant access the nas at all as adminsitrator and it doesnt allow the drive mappings to work so there is something i think wrong with the SMB.  Any ideas please?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot Access Admin Page

Sent you a PM. 

Might as well try to do an OS Reinstall, This procedure resets some settings including the password.

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI @PJO25

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to check if there were any changes on your IP? Have you tried rebooting your NAS after the update?

Kindly try to clear web cache on your browser and try accessing the Admin page again. Have you tried using the IP of the NAS on Windows explorer

Regards

Message 2 of 8
PJO25
Aspirant

Thank you.  No ip changes, have rebooted PC, NAS and router many times, cleared caches and used multiple browsers.  its something more fundamental unfortuantely.

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Have you tried using RAIDar 6.4 to give you more NAS status? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 4 of 8
PJO25
Aspirant

Thank you, RAIDar is showing it as healthy

the diagnostics button though fails with the error not a valid usernake or password. screenshot.jpg

Message 5 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI @PJ025

Have you set a different password? If you have enabled Password recovery you can avoid doing an OS-Resintall. Otherwise, if you cannot remember the last password you used or have set OS-reinstall will reset that setting to default "password". You can also try using the default password.

Message 6 of 8
PJO25
Aspirant

no, i havent reset the password.  

Message 7 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sent you a PM. 

Might as well try to do an OS Reinstall, This procedure resets some settings including the password.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements