× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot Delete Share

Bitzerj
Guide

Cannot Delete Share

Receiving this error message when trying to delete a specifik Share "Cannot delete share. It's being used by another application. (fvbackup)"

The share is empty.  It's not a huge deal, it is just annoying.  My 262x is just over 2yrs old, so I don't think I still can contact tech support. 

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

You can't delete the "directory" because it isn't one.  It's a BTRFS subvolume.  Try using brtfs subvolume delete.

fvbackup is the ReadyNAS backup process.  Have a look in ./etc/frontview/backup_jobs.conf and see if anything references that share.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Bitzerj wrote:

Receiving this error message when trying to delete a specific Share "Cannot delete share. It's being used by another application. (fvbackup)"

Have you tried rebooting the NAS?

Message 2 of 7
Bitzerj
Guide

Hi,

I was able to reboot the unit this morning and it doesn't make a difference.

Here is the Error

Screenshot_20210831_093851.png

Message 3 of 7
mdgm
Virtuoso

Is a backup job configured to use the share? If so, try deleting the backup job first.

Message 4 of 7
Bitzerj
Guide

No Backups defined.  The Share is not used for anything.  I think it probably was in the distant past and abandoned.  There is a flag set somewhere that needs to be removed.  It tried to SSH into the box and remove the directory... the system prevented me from doing it :-).

Message 5 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

You can't delete the "directory" because it isn't one.  It's a BTRFS subvolume.  Try using brtfs subvolume delete.

fvbackup is the ReadyNAS backup process.  Have a look in ./etc/frontview/backup_jobs.conf and see if anything references that share.

Message 6 of 7
Bitzerj
Guide

Nice!  The BTRFS command was able to delete it!  There was not a backup config file.  

Thanks!!!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements