× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access NAS from windows 10

Velox
Aspirant

Cannot access NAS from windows 10

Really basic network issues which I cannot figure out.

I was running Win 7 win ReadyNAS as 192.168.1.x via ASUS router. New win 10 computer and win 7 and NAS went in closet. When moving found NAS and saw that it was populated with data. Cannot make win 10 as 192.168.50.x see NAS.

Model: RND4410v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 4TB (4 X 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot access NAS from windows 10

Does RAIDar show the NAS as using a 192.168.50.x address, or is it still showing a 192.168.1.x address? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Does the Win10 system have the SMB 1 client enabled?  Look in "turn windows features on and off" for find this. 

Message 2 of 4
Velox
Aspirant

Thanks for getting back me.

Router and computer are 192.168.50.x

I am using RAIDiator 5.3.13 on NAS and have installed RAIDar 6.5.0 on the computer desktop, I was led to understand I could not install ReadyNAS OS 6 due to the age of my NAS.

RAIDAR 6.5.0 identifies the NAS address as 192.168.1.x

The SMB 1 client is installed and turned on.

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Then you must have asigned the NAS a static IP address via the GUI when it was attached to the old router.  You have four options:

1.  Temporarilly put the old router back in place (just NAS and PC connected is fine), which should give you access.  Then, go into the GUI and change the network setting to DHCP (sorry, I don't have an OS5.x system running to say where to do that).

2. Change the default subnet on your new router to match the old.

3. Connect the NAS directly to a computer via Ethernet (cross-over cable is not required), manually set the computer's IP address to something in the 192.168.1.x range (except the NAS address, of course), which should give you access.  Then change the network setting as in 1.

4. Perform an OS re-install, which will return the network setting to DHCP and also set the admin password back to the default.

To avoid issues like this, it is best to do an address reservation in your router instead of setting the NAS to a static IP in the NAS GUI.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements