× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot access ReadyNAS NV+ v1 (RND4000v3) from other computers

Hammie1
Aspirant

Cannot access ReadyNAS NV+ v1 (RND4000v3) from other computers

I am having issues seeing my NAS on my network. Both my Windows and Macs do not see it. I access the admin webpage and everything looks to be set up correctly. 

Any suggestions? At this point, I'm thinking I just need to get the files off the NAS and buy a new one. I am on firmware 4.1.14 and the RAID is set up as X-RAID.

Anything at this point will be helpful.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
StephenB
Guru

What happens if you open file explorer in windows and enter \\nas-ip-address

Use the real IP address of course, and be careful on the direction of the slashes.

Message 2 of 11
Ken_Ibra
Aspirant

I am noew to this but my ReadyNas RND400V3 cannot be reached any more from my computers any idea, the light is on and I can ping the unit but cannot access the files  

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Ken_Ibra wrote:

I am noew to this but my ReadyNas RND400V3 cannot be reached any more from my computers any idea, the light is on and I can ping the unit but cannot access the files  

Can you reach Frontview from the browser?

Also do you have a backup of the data?

Message 4 of 11
Ken_Ibra
Aspirant

Also do you have a backup of the data? No

Can you reach Frontview from the browser? No

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Ken_Ibra wrote:

Also do you have a backup of the data? No

Can you reach Frontview from the browser? No

Was SSH enabled on the NAS?  Is there anything useful on the LCD panel of the NAS?

One option you consider is to contact Netgear support, and ask about paid per-incident support.  Sometimes this problem is easy to resolve remotely (for instance, if the cause is a filling OS partition).

Message 6 of 11
Ken_Ibra
Aspirant

Do you their phone #

Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Ken_Ibra wrote:

Do you their phone #

No, you need to use my.netgear.com.

Many users here find it difficult to navigate - I can't say myself because it's been a while since I needed to use it.

Message 8 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I had hoped there was a solution to this...

No real reason a NAS should not be seen on Win10.  I can still see all my Linux machines. Sounds like the old light bulb trick - Planned obsolence.

Not going to waste more money on Netgear for sure. I should bill them for the time wasted on this site for no reward.  Now I need to know how to delete my account off here... I won't be back.

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

No real reason a NAS should not be seen on Win10...  Planned obsolence.

My NV+ v1 is still in serviced and is visible from my win10 systems.  It's also the oldest computer I own. So I don't understand your point.

The original issue was never diagnosed. The OP might have used paid support, but if so never followed up.  It appeared to be a full OS partition - nothing to do with Windows 10 (which isn't mentioned anywhere).

Message 10 of 11
jak0lantash
Mentor

Also "I can't see my ReadyNAS from my Windows 10, so it's NETGEAR's fault". Because I cannot be wrong or do something wrong, simply inconceivable, and because Microsoft is notorious for never removing support for anything and ensuring backward compatibility!

Yeah, sure...

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements