× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access ReadyNas RN104 over nfs

ycancer
Aspirant

Cannot access ReadyNas RN104 over nfs

Hi.

Firstly, I'm sorry for repeating same topic, but none of the previous helped me.

I have abovementioned NAS, using is as media server, and so far playing media via SMB and via LAN. It works. Then I decided to tryout NFS. So I enabled NFS on NAS, then I enabled NFS on my win7 laptop for quick file access and enabling NFS on my Android media player.

Nothing works.

I can mount shared folder on win7, but "access is denied" i.e. I cannot view the content of a shared folder in NAS

In media player, I do not have to mount anything, shared folder is seen, but, again - cannot access it.

When enabling NFS on ReadyNAs, I specified particular host that should have access to it. If I try "any host", I can't mount in win7 -I have to specify exact host.

All machines have static IP.

If it is issues with permissions (similar to SMB), how can I specify that in ReadyNAS to allow "that user", for NFS?

There is an option in ReadyNAS, in shared folder properties - file access: "grant rename and delete privileges to non-owner.......from AFP/NFS client", but that doesn't help.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot access ReadyNas RN104 over nfs

Hi ycancer,

Have you tried other Media Player like DUNE HD? or use the built-in NFS protocol in Windows Enterprise/Ultimate systems?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot access ReadyNas RN104 over nfs

can you post a screenshot of the share's file permission tab?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements