× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot access SMB Shares after firmware upgrade to 6.9.0

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Cannot access SMB Shares after firmware upgrade to 6.9.0

I have a ReadyNAS 3130 and ReadyNAS 4312.  I updated to Firmware 6.9.0 and now I cannot access SMB file shares.

Authentication is Active Directory on Both ReadyNAS devices.  All was working great before the Firmware upgrade to 6.9.0, I upgraded from 6.8.1.

I am a Domain Admin and in SMB I have both "Domain Admins" and myself with Read/Write access.

In File Access I am the Folder Owner and Folder Group is "Domain Admins"

I have tried to reset Security Settings in File Access, with no luck.

I have tried Everyone, with both read/write access, with no luck (also had file access with Everyone to read/write)

I can only make it work now if I change to Anonymous access...but this is unacceptable 

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I came in this AM, and all my backups failed.  Even with shares open to the world.....so I thought, a reboot will not hurt, and like magic all is working...on both 3130 and 4312.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Upon further testing, I created a new SMB Share and cannnot get access using AD username and Groups.  The Folder Owner and Folder Group never become populated below and dont allow to provide read/write access.  

Anyone else have SMB access issues with 6.9.0?

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I came in this AM, and all my backups failed.  Even with shares open to the world.....so I thought, a reboot will not hurt, and like magic all is working...on both 3130 and 4312.  

Message 3 of 9
arrousp
Aspirant

I have a simillar issue I can not activate SMB anymore, this happened a few hours after I have updated my system to 6.9.0.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I know it seems crazy, but reboot the NAS.  I have a ReadyNAS 3130 and 4312, they both needed to be rebooted.  I installed 6.9.0 yesterday and both SMB shares were not working, a simple reboot this AM fixed the issue on both.

Message 5 of 9
arrousp
Aspirant

I have tried to reboot, the problem persits. I can not enable SMB and interface is slowing down. I am going to check the logs to see if I can understand something.

Message 6 of 9
arrousp
Aspirant

I have Factory reset the NAS server, now SMB is back and running. However this operation requires to reformat your disks and volume, thus do not forget to make an external back-up before.

Message 7 of 9
rodcrit
Luminary

I think I have a similar problem.

all my pc backups are now failing because they cannot get access to my PC shares.  testing the backup settings  -  reports invalid user name or password...  I dont have passwords and the fields are blank  - which was not a problem on the previous version.

Model: RN20442D|ReadyNAS204
Message 8 of 9
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rodcrit

The latest version of the firmware include the feature SMB3 Transport Encryption which by default is enabled. There is a hotfix/patch provided please visit this thread here.  

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements