× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot access admin page

Blueray3
Guide

Cannot access admin page

Updated several RNAS 312's with firmware 6.9.3. -Also updated a 212 with 6.9.3.

After the  update, RAIDar application 6.3.0 can no longer access the 312's on the internal network through login. Can access the shares via "browse" and thru ReadyCloud....but not thru local or Cloud admin page login.  Did not affect the RNAS 212.

Ideas? Suggestions on restoring local login with RAIDar app?

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 21
StephenB
Guru

You mean https://nas-ip-address/admin doesn't respond?

Did you try rebooting your NAS?

Does https://nas-ip-address/fwbroker respond?

Message 2 of 21
Blueray3
Guide

Thanks for response. 

Yes, have rebooted the NAS's and the router....with the same result.

https://nas-ip-address/admin results in: ReadyNAS Admin Page is offline.

fwbroker address results in: You don't have permission to access /fwbroker on this server.

Message 3 of 21
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry for the inconvenience, engineer will contact you to help check the issue. 

Message 4 of 21
Blueray3
Guide

Solution found...I think.  I think the problem is a Chrome add blocker that did not present a problem in previous firmware (at same addresses).

Message 5 of 21
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

There has been a security update to the UI that would require this update (from the less secure to the more secure interface) to have a refresh within the web browser. (Refresh key shortcuts of F5, ctrl + 'r', or  cmd +'r'.)

What are the different web browsers were checked? Getting more information will be helpful if it is not related to the security update.

Message 6 of 21
jason8888
Aspirant

Refreshing the page did not work, neither did closing the browser and opening it again (Firefox 59). However, clearing cache and cookies now allows for connection to the Admin Page.

Message 7 of 21
BaldManMike
Aspirant

Turning off the ad blocker was the solution for me as well.

Model: RN21243D|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay
Message 8 of 21
btown52601
Aspirant

Confirming same issue of not being able to get to the Admin page when using Firefox 58, after updating 6.9.2 to 6.9.3.

This happened on 3 ReadyNAS 314 systems, and on 2 ReadyNAS 2120 v2 systems.

I cleared the cache and reloaded the admin page. It works now on all affected units.

Message 9 of 21
mopgcw
Aspirant

I am having the same issue -- cannot access admin page in firefox 59.01 after updating to 6.9.3.  cleared cache and permit the the pop-up exception, but wont get past the splash page.  can access on chrome. 

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor,RN716X|ReadyNAS 716X Chassis
Message 10 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Does your NAS have access to the internet (i.e. are the DNS settings correct)?

You can verify this by downloading the logs using RAIDar and checking network_settings.log

If the settings are correct, please reboot your NAS and wait at least 10 minutes. The GUI should then work fine and you can disconnect the NAS from the internet again if you wish.

If it's still not resolved then there is something that can be tried using SSH.

Message 11 of 21
mopgcw
Aspirant

@mdgm-ntgrwrote:

Does your NAS have access to the internet (i.e. are the DNS settings correct)?

You can verify this by downloading the logs using RAIDar and checking network_settings.log

If the settings are correct, please reboot your NAS and wait at least 10 minutes. The GUI should then work fine and you can disconnect the NAS from the internet again if you wish.

If it's still not resolved then there is something that can be tried using SSH.

Yes, the DNS settings are correct. I can access the admin page via Chrome, I can get to the internet from the admin page. i can also see all my folders on explorer. will try the reboot/wait. thanks George
Message 12 of 21
mopgcw
Aspirant

cleared the cache and waited 24 hours.  Still unable to access the admin page in firefox 59.0.1 under 6.9.3.  my 626 which is still on 6.9.2 is still accessible on firefox. 

Message 13 of 21
StephenB
Guru

I am not seeing that on my RN526 (also runing 6.9.3).  I can access the admin page with both Firefox and Chrome.  Firefox is also 59.0.1 (64 bit) running on windows 10.

Do you have any extensions or ad-blockers installed?

Message 14 of 21
BaldManMike
Aspirant

It was AdBlocker. Disabled it and all is fine. Didn't need to do that before so I consider it a bug.

Message 15 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@BaldManMike wrote:

It was AdBlocker. Disabled it and all is fine. Didn't need to do that before so I consider it a bug.

A bug in AdBlocker.  AdBlocker works by filtering out stuff in the webserver's html.  It's up to AdBlocker to do that in a way that doesn't do damage - it's not something up to Netgear.

The simple answer is to whitelist the NAS.

Message 16 of 21
mopgcw
Aspirant

1. I don't use Adblocker, use Ublock

• added to whitelist but still no love

2. I disabled all add-ons - still no love

3. deleted the old security exception that existed and re-added with all addons disabled -- still stuck on the splash page

i wish the answer were that simple. 

Message 17 of 21
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Blueray23 @mopgcw

Have you tried clearing cache?

If your ReadyNAS is conected to the internet have you tried rebooting it and waiting or a few minutes before accessing the admin page?

Regards

Message 18 of 21
mopgcw
Aspirant

Hi Marc 

Running firefox 59.02 after updating to 6.9.3. 

cleared cache multiple times

changed option to permit the the pop-up exception

DNS settings are correct

I can access the admin page via Chrome

I can get to the internet from the admin page in Chrome

i can also see all my folders on explorer.

rebooted & waited

Shutdown completely and waited 24 hours

I use Ublock, and added to whitelist

disabled all add-ons completely

deleted the old security exception that existed and re-added with all addons disabled -- still stuck on the splash page

but wont get past the splash page.

weird.

Message 19 of 21
4_star
Aspirant

Same here. After updating my RN102 to 6.9.3 I cannot access the admn pages.

Initially it logs in fine, splash and then admin page. 2 to 3 seconds later it displays a progres bar and the message 'Connecting to the ReadyNAS Admin Page..'  it takes about 30 seconds to reach 100% it then shows the admin page for a split second before returning to the progress bar. It loops like this continuously.

Tried both Firefox ESR 52.7.3 & Chrome 61. Both behave the same. No plugins running in Chrome. Both browsers have been completely cleared cache wise. Chrome behaves the same in incognito mode too.

Any ideas?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 20 of 21
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @mopgcw @4_star

You may want to contact Support and log a case. If you have support contract or if you have purchased your NAS brand new between June 1 2014 to May 31 2016 then you should have lifetime Chat Support available.

**For RN100/200/210 series unfortunately it is not eligible for Lifetime Chat. For a full list and info on ReadyNAS Support and Warranty please click here.

Regards

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements