× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access my second hand kit

makilby
Aspirant

Cannot access my second hand kit

Hi, I recently aquired a second hand Ready NAS Duo RND2000 v2

Powered off, depressed reset button, poered on, waited for two sets of flashing, released; I believe this performs factory reset.

Installed RAIDar onto computer, it found kit, described it as "Healthy" and showed the installed drive.

When I click on "Admin Page" it invites me to enter unsername and password.

I enter admin and password both in lower case, rejected!

Please can someone tell me how to get this kit up and running?

Many Thanks in anticipation

Model: RND2220|ReadyNAS Duo 4TB (2 X 2TB)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot access my second hand kit

@makilby wrote:

I'm 99% certain you actually acquired a second hand ReadyNAS Duo v1. It's a common issue here, the labeling on the older model is very confusing.

Try entering admin and netgear1 The system takes that, you definitely have the older NAS.   

It would be slower than the Duo v2, but actually has more features.  One limitation is that the original Duo is limited to 2 TB disks (both internal and USB-connected).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@makilby wrote:

I'm 99% certain you actually acquired a second hand ReadyNAS Duo v1. It's a common issue here, the labeling on the older model is very confusing.

Try entering admin and netgear1 The system takes that, you definitely have the older NAS.   

It would be slower than the Duo v2, but actually has more features.  One limitation is that the original Duo is limited to 2 TB disks (both internal and USB-connected).

Message 2 of 6
makilby
Aspirant

Thank you so much I’ll try that this evening!
Message 3 of 6
makilby
Aspirant

Regrettably, still bounces out!
The username admin and the password netgear1 are rejected
Message 4 of 6
DEADDEADBEEF
Apprentice

If you weren't asked to go through the setup process in RAIDar that would mean that you did not successfully factory default the unit, have a look at the boot menu instructions for your model and make sure you follow them properly.. It can be a bit tricky on some models, make sure you read *all* the steps, for some models there's a "confirm option" step which is easy to miss (so make sure to scroll all the way down).

edit: just saw your post below 🙂

Message 5 of 6
makilby
Aspirant

Third time lucky, it worked! I cannot thank you enough and I’m now successfully backing up my very important work! Any time you’re in Yorkshire let me know, there’s a pint waiting!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements