× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connect to RN314 after Windows 10 update to 1903

dannybridi
Aspirant

Cannot connect to RN314 after Windows 10 update to 1903

Hi,

Ever since I updated my Windows 10 Enterprise to version 1903, I can no longer connect to my NAS RN310 (Firmware 6.10.1) using the Windows File Explorer. I can ping it, I can use the web interface, but not the File explorer.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Model: RN31441D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the ReadyNAS forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/bd-p/readynas-general

Thank you. 

@dannybridi wrote:

Hi,

Ever since I updated my Windows 10 Enterprise to version 1903, I can no longer connect to my NAS RN310 (Firmware 6.10.1) using the Windows File Explorer. I can ping it, I can use the web interface, but not the File explorer.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Are you accessing it by name or IP address?  If by name, try by IP address.  Many have that issue (I'm one), and not just on ReadyNAS, but nobody seems to come up with a valid reason or true solution.

A work-around is to put the NAS name in the Windows HOSTS file.

Message 3 of 4
dannybridi
Aspirant

I have opened (as instructed) a new discussion on this topic in https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/bd-p/readynas-general

But in short, I'm using the IP address, not the host name. In spite of that, the only way I found to fix the issue, as stated above, was to create the username on the NAS.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements