× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connect to admin page of ReadyNas Duo

alangrn
Aspirant

Cannot connect to admin page of ReadyNas Duo

I am running Radiar v6.2 but cannot connect ot the admin page of my drive although I can access the folders without any iuuse.

Howe do I rectify this.

I am running Windows 10.

Model: ReadyNASRND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware is the Duo running?

Do you have a backup?

Message 2 of 9
StephenB
Guru

There are several potential causes, one common one is a filling OS partition.  If that's what it is, you will eventually lose access to the folders too.

One option (painful, but direct) is to copy the data off the NAS, and do a factory reset - setting up the nas from scratch and reloading the data.

You could also use Netgear support (ask for per-incident support).

Message 3 of 9
alangrn
Aspirant

The firmware is 4.1.15. I do not have a backup.

How dfo I do a factory reset?

Message 4 of 9
StephenB
Guru

See pages 15-16 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

You can also zero the disks with WDC's lifeguard program in a PC (it will zero seagates or other manufacturer's drives).  The quick zeros mode is enough.  Then put them in the duo and power up - it will do a factory install.

Either way you need a backup, since the data is destroyed by the reset.

Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Looking at

# tail /var/log/frontview/error.log

There seems to be a problem with the PHP add-on. You could try installing the PHP add-on over the top of itself via SSH. See e.g. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNas-Duo-V1-update-to-4-1-14-failed-Frontvi...

Message 6 of 9
zigjam
Aspirant

As posts in this support community helped me so much to solve this problem that I has as well, wanted to return the favor.

The admin pages are served by an Apache web-server running on your readyNAS drive. The disks are accesible without Apache running and that is most likely the problem your are having. For some reason the Apache server on your driver does not start. The trick is to find out why and repair it. If you are within the 90 days of purchase period Netgear support will do this for you, if you are beyond that (as was I), you need some Linux/Apache help.

Here goes:

You can access the drive from your pc as follows:

1. Download putty.exe from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

2. Find out the IP address of your NAS drive by logging in to your networkrouter (not the NAS drive) and looking at the connected devices

3. Start putty.exe and connect to that IP address. port 22

4. Login to your NAS drive with username: root and the password that you have for the admin pages

5. You are now seeing a LINUX prompt. You can use the following basic commands:

a. systemctl restart apache2 -- tries to start the Apache server

b. systemctl status apache2.service -- gives you the status and normally points to why the start did not work. In my case I had syntax problems in a configurarion file, which I fxied by editing the file with:

c. vi /etc/frontview/apache/apps-https.conf (vi is a unix editor, which is a bit special - google for help how to use).

d. That turned out to be my problem, I am sure there can be many reasons by Apache does not start, such as disk space etc. Keep trying and google researching.

e. After fixing the problems use the command from a. again until the Apache server starts.

Hope this helps

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series,RN12S1220|READYNAS 4200 24TB 12-BAY 2U RACKMOUNT HIGH-PERFORMANCE STORAGE WITH 10 GE (SFP+)|EOL
Message 7 of 9
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi zigjam,

Thank you for sharing your resolution and/or workaround. We appreciate your contribution to the community. 

Feel free to post any suggestions, questions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards,

Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

zigjam your post is applicable to ReadyNAS units such as yours running ReadyNAS OS 6.

However the Duo is a legacy ReadyNAS running older firmware. It doesn't use systemd.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements