× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot disable "Private Home Shares"...

KillerBob
Aspirant

Cannot disable "Private Home Shares"...

Hi,

I am using FW 4.2.17 on my Pro Pioneer, and I have tried this from both Safari and Firefox.

I have recently had to do a Factory Default on my Pro, and am in the midst of setting it all up again. Hence I am creating User IDs for my friends and family. However, when I go into "Preferences" on the "User & Group Accounts" page, I cannot disable the "Private home shares for users". I change the drop down from "Enabled" to "Disabled", and "Apply". I get the pop-up "Successfully applied accounts defaults", but when the screen refreshes, it is still "Enabled".

So, currently for every user I create a Home Share is created.

Is this a bug, or just something I have a problem with? And, when it finally will work, will the existing Home Shares be deleted, and if not, how do I get rid of them?

Bo
Message 1 of 4
KillerBob
Aspirant

Re: Cannot disable "Private Home Shares"...

OK, this is a bug.

It actually saves the "Disabled" setting, but in FrontView it is not displayed correctly. Also, I do not have a drop down on "Default group for new users", or "Default home volume for new users".

Anytime I select something other than default (Enabled), for any of the options, FrontView reports back that it is saved, but displays the status differently.

I am using Safari 5.0.5, and FireFox 5.0.

Bo
Message 2 of 4
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

The default group and default volume dropdowns will only give you options if you have multiple groups and volumes on the NAS respectively. Do you have multiple groups and volumes, and if so, what are you seeing in the UI?
Message 3 of 4
KillerBob
Aspirant

Hi,

I have multiple groups, and I am also having problems creating users, as the groups is not available. I have a ticket with NG support, and have been waiting for 24+ hours for them to access the Pro.

Bo
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements