× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot log into server to give Time Machine access (ReadyNAS RN212)

bklounge7
Aspirant

Cannot log into server to give Time Machine access (ReadyNAS RN212)

What is my "name and password for the server" so that Time Machine can access it? The username and password I created when enabling Time Machine isn't working. I've also tried my ReadyNAS cloud credentials and the default NAS admin / password. See uploaded screenshot for reference.

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Cannot log into server to give Time Machine access (ReadyNAS RN212)

@bklounge7 wrote:

What is my "name and password for the server" so that Time Machine can access it? The username and password I created when enabling Time Machine isn't working.

For a shared Time Machine, this is the account to use. One thing that hits my eyes: AFP is obsolete, unless you are using legacy MacOS systems, switch to SMB (top right on your screenshot).

Message 2 of 5
bklounge7
Aspirant

Hi Sensei, thanks for the reply. When you say "this is the account to use" are you referring to the username and password in the Time Machine popup dialog (highlighted in attached screenshot)? If yes, those credentials fail when trying to connect Time Machine to the ReadyNAS server. I know those are the correct credentials because I needed them to switch from AFP to SMB.

Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@bklounge7 wrote:

I know those are the correct credentials because I needed them to switch from AFP to SMB.

No, AFP or SMB as well as the username and password are config options - this is not an additional login or authentication here. 

Message 4 of 5
bklounge7
Aspirant

So the username / password that I highlighted in the last screenshot is the one used to connect to the ReadyNAS server?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements