× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant access NV+ anymore (all disks full maybe?)

yoda99be
Aspirant

Cant access NV+ anymore (all disks full maybe?)

Hi All

I'm in a bit of a pickle before leaving for holiday and wanting to get some music and movies from my NAS for the road....

I can't access my NV+ anymore. Not with the sharename, not with the ip adress, not in the browser to the \admin page. I can still ping it and RAIDar still sees it and says its fine. (healthy 3 discs, correct ip, firmware 4.1.13

The raidar buttons to admin page and 'browse' obviously dont work, the locate button flashes the disk leds. The display on the unit says the IP and 0,5 of 1.8TB free.

It was working fine all day, and i was copying a 3GB file to the nas over SMB. The transfer speed was slow and I figured the settings of the network adapter weren't correct yet in my rather new windows 10 install (which played well with the nas the last week). I had the bright idea to fiddle with my network adapter duplex settings and set it from auto negotiate to 1GB... while it was coping.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it but the copy-process halted... NAS became unresponsive and i had to power down the NAS. On the unit, with the button. I let it shutdown properly. Pulled the power cord when it was down. From then on I can't acess it any longer.

I have a 800km trip coming up with two kids in the back seat... i really need some movies from the NAS 🙂

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

What IP does the NAS have in RAIDar and what IP does the computer you're trying to access it from have? (you can use ipconfig in cmd to find out)

Edit: sent you a PM, please check your inbox.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

What IP does the NAS have in RAIDar and what IP does the computer you're trying to access it from have? (you can use ipconfig in cmd to find out)

Edit: sent you a PM, please check your inbox.

Message 2 of 5
yoda99be
Aspirant

thx for helping out Danthem

Message 3 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi yoda99be,

Is everything okay now accessing your NAS media files locally and over the internet?

Looking forward for you reply.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 4 of 5
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

This is now resolved through PM and teamviewer.

Issue: full root (100%)

Case #25600856

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements