× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant access admin page despite OS Reboot

Johnyboy73
Aspirant

Cant access admin page despite OS Reboot

Hoping somone can help, Ive suddlenly lost access to my ReadyNas NV+, I can see it in file explorer however i can no longer access the folder via the mapped drives or via the network explorer, ive tried a OS Reboot however depite this the admin page will not allow me to access it using the standard password. 

The content (pictures and music) are still visable via my DNLA enabled TV so i know its not lost. However i also have an old ReayNas Duo i use for backups that is also not allowing me to access it via an OS Reboot. The only thing that has happended is the recent Windows 10 update. I cant believe 2 units have failed in the same way so i suspect somthing else is going on. Ive included the error message 

RAIDar is showing both as available and healthy 

Model: RND4210|ReadyNAS NV+ 2TB (2 X 1TB), RND2150v1|READYNAS DUO v1 (500GB: 1 X 500GB)|EOL
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Your NV+ only supports SMB1, which probably got turned off by the Windows update, but it could also be blocked by a virus protection update.

You can use the "Turn Windows Features On and Off" function to enable SMB1.  You'll see some warnings about it being insecure, but it's not generally a problem on a home NAS unless you have opened ports on your router for external access.

Message 2 of 4
Johnyboy73
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Tried this to no avail. I’ve also tried connecting the NAS via my old pc which hasn’t been used in 18months so it will have the older version of Windows 10 and the same problem exists
Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Are you trying to access it using the NAS name or IP address?   If by name, try by IP address.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements