× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant activate my old ReadyNas Duo

Ebbes
Aspirant

Cant activate my old ReadyNas Duo

I can’t get in contact with my existing Duo NAS.

Have tried to reset the os with or without disks, but in all cases I get this repeating light show, supported by the constantly running fan:

Desk 1

Desk 1

All

All

All

And no lights in the lan switch.

PS to the Model, in the bottom of my NAS it is labeled as a RND2150 v2, but wasn't shown as choice in your menu

// Ebbe

Model: RND2150|ReadyNAS Duo 500GB (1 X 500GB)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cant activate my old ReadyNas Duo

@Ebbes wrote:

Do you know where I find more info on this workaround?

Try R-linux for Windows (using disk 1 of the NAS).  https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Resetting resets the OS installed on the drives, so doing so without any does nothing.  Is the LED pattern the same with and without drives?  In spite of it saying "V2" on the bottom, I believe you have a V1 (it's a long story).  If it doesn't say "V2" on the front, it's a V1.

Does RAIDar find the NAS?

Oddly, that pattern doesn't seem to match anything I have for any ReadyNAS.  Here they are for the DuoV1:

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by a 1 second delay, followed by a number of slow blinks. The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 – Vendor mismatch
2 – No disks detected
3 – Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 – Flash error
5 – Unsupported RAID configuration

Unless this means the number of slow blinks is only of one drive LED.  Note thta I believe these codes pre-date the Duo V2 and definately pre-date OS6 systems, so they may not ap[ply to them.

Message 2 of 6
aks-2
Apprentice

I too have a Duo, yes the label says v2, but it is not!  Your Duo is a SPARC based NAS with an old OS called RAIDator v4.x, and the 'real' v2 platforms are ARM based and run v5 OS (also now legacy) and I have one of these too.

Have you tried with a substitute (scratch) disk?

Have you also checked the docs online for this product here - there may be some clues, but we are happy t try to help here too.

I think if the LAN LEDs are not showing activity, we can probably assume that the unit is not booting completely, we need to get past this first. I would recommend your tests are done without your data disks installed, unless you already have a current backup.

Message 3 of 6
Ebbes
Aspirant

@Sandshark wrote:

--Does RAIDar find the NAS?

No ther Raidar dont find the nas at all. 

-- Oddly, that pattern doesn't seem to match anything I have for any ReadyNAS.  Here they are for the DuoV1:

According to the next answer, it is a 2150 v1 I have.

Think I am looking for a solution where I can retrieve disk contents via an external sata/USB connection as well as a windows program.

Model: RND2150v1|READYNAS DUO v1 (500GB: 1 X 500GB)|EOL
Message 4 of 6
Ebbes
Aspirant

@aks-2 wrote:

--I too have a Duo, yes the label says v2, but it is not!  Your Duo is a SPARC based NAS with an old OS called RAIDator v4.x, and the 'real' --v2 platforms are ARM based and run v5 OS (also now legacy) and I have one of these too.

THANKS

--Have you tried with a substitute (scratch) disk?

--Have you also checked the docs online for this product here - there may be some clues, but we are happy t try to help here too.

Yes I have now tryed with the former HD, but without changes!

--I think if the LAN LEDs are not showing activity, we can probably assume that the unit is not booting completely, we need to get past ----this first. I would recommend your tests are done without your data disks installed, unless you already have a current backup.

Dont have any light in the lan, with or without cable!

Think I am looking for a solution where I can retrieve disk contents via an external sata/USB connection as well as a windows program.

Model: RND2150v1|READYNAS DUO v1 (500GB: 1 X 500GB)|EOL
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Ebbes wrote:

Try R-linux for Windows (using disk 1 of the NAS).  https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements