× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant log in to admin after re-install the ReadyNAS Duo firmware (Readynas Duo V1)

terencegbg
Aspirant

Cant log in to admin after re-install the ReadyNAS Duo firmware (Readynas Duo V1)

Hello, had issues with the NAS and decided to reinstall the OS to default. I was not aware that you reset you admin user/password 😞

Anyhow I have now undersood this and even if I try the default admin/password or admin/netgear1 it does not work 😞

I have tried it on to different computers still does not work.

I can access my shares on my computer however I cant log in on the admin page via browser as it does not accept my user/password.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cant log in to admin after re-install the ReadyNAS Duo firmware (Readynas Duo V1)

What issues did you have?

Is your data backed up?

Message 2 of 5
terencegbg
Aspirant

Re: Cant log in to admin after re-install the ReadyNAS Duo firmware (Readynas Duo V1)

It droped out from the network now and then and was unreliable, so I thought Id reset the OS (read it somewhere).

I am currently backing up my data from the readynas to my computer just in case I would loose the backup on my readynas.

Message 3 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi terencebg,

If OS reinstall was executed properly the password should reset to netgear1. Try other web browser/s or try to do it again (steps are available here).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Occasionally it has been known for an admin password not to get reset properly. Usually that would suggest there may be another problem as well.

Once you have your data backed up perhaps you could send me a PM and we could arrange for me to have a quick look.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements