× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Case 16123636 updated

auntlisal
Aspirant

Case 16123636 updated

Hi,
I may not be able to get a power supply for my Infrant RNV2 S2 0000. Can anyone walk me through which replacement model NAS I should buy and how I can move my disks over successfully into the new NAS. Will the new firmware/software be able to read my older firmware operating system? I am not sure which version of BIOS I am running. Right before it crashed, my machine told me there was a new upgrade available. I did not have time to do it before my unit burned out. I have three shares on four disks.
Message 1 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Case 16123636

You should be able to acquire a NV+ and install your drives in the same order as they are in the 1000S and have it boot right up. Both are Sparc based. The notice you received was probably for 4.1.7. RAIDiator 4.1.6 has been out several years. As long as you have upgraded your RAIDiator version in the last several years, you should be OK. If you were still on the original version (3.x) there could possibly be issues.

It would have been nice to have known the version you had been on, for then you could put a scratch drive in the NV+ and downgrade to that version.

Have you had occasion to download all the logs onto your PC by chance? The RAIDiator version is listed in at least one of those files.
Message 2 of 3
auntlisal
Aspirant

Re: Case 16123636 updated

I was running 4.1.6. I have found another used NAS, same model number. Do I have to do anything but put in the drives?

Do I need to remap the drive, make the shares, anything like that?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements