× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Case#17906603- No Memeo Software - No Help From Tech Sup

ColonelPanik
Aspirant

Case#17906603- No Memeo Software - No Help From Tech Support

Okay I took mdgm's advice to call back support - what a joke. 45 minutes in and I've been transferred from Level 1 to Level 2 to Pro support(lied) but it was really back to level 1- then back to 2. Level 2 refuses to give me a case # or escalate - basically everybody I have spoke with has refused to do their job and lied. Last time I was hung up on during transfer- wasn't nasty or anything either. Call back and on hold with level 2 who said there are no mangagers or supervisors and refused to escalate lmao didnt know memeo

Wow. Just told that my V2 is a V1 even though it isnt and that level 2 can't escalate any cases
Netgear sucks
I should call amazon and see if they will refund me this late.

lmao I can't imagine how this would go if I was in a bad mood

see mdgm? lmao

all this to get a cd mailed out or a friggin download link

I'll get the CEO's phone number tonight and call his office tomorrow. Wow. Wow. This is the absolute worst customer support I've encountered. Nonstop lies and refusal to comply with simple requests.

70 minutes and no assistance. I didn't raise my voice or curse at all. And the last rocket scientist tells me that I have a mislabeled V1 since the manufacture date is July 2011. So I have a V1 with Arm processor and USB3 support. Lol Luckily I'm treating this as an experiment in how long I can manage to not get angered by this sort of thing. I'm still smiling.
Message 1 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Memeo- 65 Minutes of Lies Hangups Refusals 2 Escalate

Can you confirm that this is a v2 from reading How to tell whether I have a Duo v1 or Duo v2 or NV+ v1 or NV+ v2? Some v1 units did have stickers saying v2 on them.

Not giving you a case number is unacceptable. Open an online support case and post your case number in the thread title (i.e. subject of first post in this thread).
Message 2 of 11
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

lol unless the arm apps,5.3.* firmware run on the sparc system and they threw a NEC USB 3.0 controller in a v1 as well as putting the wrong stickers, box and other items it's not a v1. Getting USB2.0 devices to work as USB 3.0 is a cool trick I would love to learn.

No offense mdgm but why would I open an online support case if this is how they do things? lol Honestly, what would happen differently that would provide me with a resolution?

I'm actually astounded at the level of incompetence and unprofessional behavior. I've worked in IT for 15 years and this is up there near the top.
Message 3 of 11
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

Actually none of these jackals are even updating the case - they closed it at level 1 when transferring me to Pro Support - which never happened- more lies. I have all their names and id numbers but this is just a huge joke. I'm learning the hard way why I should never buy anything from Netgear again.
Message 4 of 11
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

Re: Case#17906603-65 Minutes of Lies Hangups Refusals 2 Esca

Hell yeah - This won't be a glowing response.

Dear Mark,

Your opinion matters at NETGEAR. Hearing about what you think regarding your recent experience with our Support Center will help us continue to improve our products and support. .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Your last case:

Case No: 17907045
Problem: Presales case
Agent: 41067

Ooh I got to learn one case number I wasnt given
Presales? lmao I'll say this for them, they are really dedicated to not providing support.

---
Just got a voicemail from Zane - id # 41067 (who wouldn't escalate because it isn't possible) who says that he looked in a V2 box and suprise! No Memeo software! He agrees that something is wrong. lmao He suggests I call the Sales Dept and leaves their number.
Message 5 of 11
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

I assume that putting the case number in the title was so that the Netgear employees who visit the forums can see it. That doesn't seem to work. I have an open case from December that nobody ever responded to so I'm not optimistic.
Message 6 of 11
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

I'm beginning to think that Netgear doesn't like to support people who give them money for products.
I'm going to call the CEO or COO about this and see if I can get help there. I've been busy so I haven't had a chance to get around to it.

Absolutely no excuse for this level of failure.
Message 7 of 11
dib
Aspirant
Aspirant

solution to Memeo license problems: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62140&p=348735&hilit=memeo#p348735
Message 8 of 11
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

Cant license software that you dont have
Message 9 of 11
LordRhythm
Aspirant

Just a notice for poor ColonelPanik, I posted in the thread dib linked you to above with help on obtaining the software. Provided a download link. Not sure which threads (if any) Panik is subscribed to, and he has PMs disabled.
That is all.

-LordRhythm

P.S. I can has Netgear job?
Message 10 of 11
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

Thanks LR. I appreciate the effort but I'm past wasting my time with Netgear. Not sure there's much of a future working for them.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements