× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Changing the time on a ReadyNAS OS 6 (RN516)

m1sterd
Tutor

Changing the time on a ReadyNAS OS 6 (RN516)

Is there a way to set the time automatically that takes into account UK hours (daylight saving).
Message 1 of 7
m1sterd
Tutor

I just found another thread commenting on possibly selecting another time server, in that thread it specifically talked about uk time servers, would setting the server to one of these deal with daylight saving for me with the ReadyNAS? Or does the ReadyNAS try and do this automatically (but happens not to be working in my case).
Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

NTP doesn't provide daylight savings time information (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol), so changing time servers will not help. The time transitions are saved in a library in the NAS (standard linux stuff).

Did you check the time settings in the NAS (clicking on the settings icon next to the time on the system page)?
Message 3 of 7
m1sterd
Tutor

Yes, it was here that I set it to GMT, but the time is out by 1 hour.
Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

And the NAS is set to use NTP servers?

There are three settings for GMT - GMT, Western European Time, and Casablanca/Monrovia. Are you using Western European Time?
Message 5 of 7
m1sterd
Tutor

StephenB wrote:
There are three settings for GMT - GMT, Western European Time, and Casablanca/Monrovia. Are you using Western European Time?

Thank you StephenB, it was my mistake, I had selected the first GMT entry rather than Western European Time.

Sorry this was a mistake on my part as I was busy trying to figure out several other issues I am having with the box, frustratingly I purchased the ReadyNAS RN516 because I didn't want to have to tinker around with a NAS (coming from a Windows Home Server v1 and 2011), I wanted it to just work and allow me to install Genie apps to give the functionality that I require over and above the built in functionality (subversion, VPN, photo gallery etc.), but I am finding that this device doesn't support a lot of these applications and items such as ReadyCloud don't work as I would have expected them to work, I also cant find the Tivo integration functionality on this device.
Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

I agree there are issues with add-ons. IMHO there should be a way in the GUI to install them apart from Genie.

Not sure what happened to the TiVo integration feature.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements