× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuring email alerts [ReadyNAS 104]

AndrewMayes
Aspirant

Configuring email alerts [ReadyNAS 104]

I've had my ReadyNAS 104 for a few months now and generally seems to be pretty good so I don't have any complaints. Something that has annoyed me though is the amount of email alerts that I am getting from it. Don't get me wrong, I want alerts enabled for things like drive failures and temperature alarms however I am also getting emails every time a scheduled task on the data volume is run (disk defragmentation, for example). I notice that these roughly correspond to the logs (various categories of alerts, notice, warning and error) with a few exceptions (snapshot creation is not emailed however defragmentation is). I don't seem to be able to find any way to disable just these lower level 'notice' events. I suppose I could just create a filter for my email to have it auto-delete them but that doesn't seem like an ideal solution, or have them go to a seperate mailbox but then I might risk missing a critical one.

I'm sure there must be some simple solution to this as I suspect a lot of people will have a similar problem to me, any ideas? (Using the latest ReadyNAS OS 6.4.1)

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Configuring email alerts [ReadyNAS 104]

Welcome to the forum.

Today the best you can do is create email filters in the receiving mail client.  A very similar idea is posted on the ideas exchange here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-ReadyNAS/Improved-Alert-functionality/idi-p/10144...

You might want to vote for it, and perhaps add a comment to fill in your specifics.  While you are there, perhaps look at the other ideas and vote for the ones you think you'd use.

Message 2 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configuring email alerts [ReadyNAS 104]

Hello AndrewMayes,

Welcome to the community!

You might also want to check How do I manage my email alert contacts on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system? article.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements