× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting Readynas Duo RND 2150 to router

rudeen
Aspirant

Connecting Readynas Duo RND 2150 to router

Hello Team

Please I have the Readynas Duo RND2150 v2 but some members have let me know its actually version 1.Please I am trying to connect to my home router D-Link dwr-921E routerDWR_921E.png.Router IP address is set to 192.168.1.1 while Readynas IP address is set to 192.168.1.90 with subnet and gateway to the D-Link's IP address.I still can not access my readynas.Please is the something I am not doing right.

Model: RND2150|ReadyNAS Duo 500GB (1 X 500GB)
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Connecting Readynas Duo RND 2150 to router

@rudeen wrote:

Router IP address is set to 192.168.1.1 while Readynas IP address is set to 192.168.1.90 with subnet and gateway to the D-Link's IP address.I still can not access my readynas.

Do you mean that you cannot access the NAS web UI, or do you mean that you cannot access the files using file explorer?

Did you have access before, and then suddenly lost it?  If so, did something change on the network (new router, new PC, etc)?

@rudeen wrote:

Please I have the Readynas Duo RND2150 v2 but some members have let me know its actually version 1.

Best not to create confusion on this point.  Once you know what you have, just call it that.

The original Duo (v1) 

• runs 4.1.x firmware
  • says ReadyNAS Duo on the front panel
  • often has a v2 label on the back or bottom (indicating a minor hardware revision).

The Duo v2

• runs 5.3.x firmware
  • says ReadyNAS Duo v2 on the front panel

Message 2 of 6
rudeen
Aspirant

Hi Stephen

well its my first time connecting the readynas via a router.I have been able to access it via a web browser UI or via windows explorer and also Raidar.Please tell me.are all the settings ok.what could be wrong with my configuration.Because when I disconnect and then set my pc LAN IP to 192.168.1.XX I am able to reach the readynas.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@rudeen wrote:

Because when I disconnect and then set my pc LAN IP to 192.168.1.XX I am able to reach the readynas.

What address is the router assigning to your PC?

Have you tried just setting the NAS to use DHCP instead of assigning it a static IP address?

Message 4 of 6
rudeen
Aspirant

Have not tried that yet.I was hoping to use a static IP since my router or network runs on a static IP but not DHCP.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@rudeen wrote:

Have not tried that yet.I was hoping to use a static IP since my router or network runs on a static IP but not DHCP.

Are you saying that the router doesn't support dhcp?

The goal here is to re-establish connectivity, then you can change the NAS IP configuration any way you want.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements