× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting to RN 422 with arduino

ArduinoJesper
Aspirant

Connecting to RN 422 with arduino

Hello!

I'm working with an Arduino-based project and am wondering how to connect to the NAS to share files.

I know very little about how a NAS works but have found that I can set up the Arduino as an FTP client. If I enable FTP in the NAS, will the Arduino FTP client be able to write a file to the NAS?

Thank you beforehand!

Model: RN4220X|ReadyNAS 4220 10Gbase-T (chassis only)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Connecting to RN 422 with arduino

Yes, assuming you've installed an FTP client on the Arduino.  You just have to enable the protocol under System and enable it and set permissions for the share under Shares.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Yes, assuming you've installed an FTP client on the Arduino.  You just have to enable the protocol under System and enable it and set permissions for the share under Shares.

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Much more handy for direct file access (ft is pure transfer) would be either using SMB (CIFS) or alternatively NFSv3 for simplicity. Depends on security, preferences, ...

Message 3 of 5
ArduinoJesper
Aspirant

I'm afraid that it's not possible with the Arduino. However, I'm thinking about connecting the 4 Arduinos to a Raspberry pi instead. From what I've read so far, the raspberry pi(running Linux) has better support for network shares.

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Yes, a RasPi can support SMB and NFS network shares.  Unfortunately, as you said, there is no such support for the Arduino directly.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements