× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constant UPNP disconnect

avicenne13
Aspirant

Constant UPNP disconnect

Hi,

I own a ReadyNAS Ultra II running on 4.2.26. I have a Samsung 55F7000 TV, and in between them I have a wired gigabit network, consisting of two Linksys switches and one Linksys router. All cabling is Cat 5A.

All work on UPS power, all parties have static IPs, and there is no traffic on the network.

Whenever I am watching a file on TV over ReadyNAS (ReadyDLNA) after some given time (5-15 minutes) the playback stops on the TV and I get the message that the server is disconnected.

Any ideas on what to do? I am sick of carrying mkv files with a USB stick.
Message 1 of 3
richierich1968
Aspirant

Re: Constant UPNP disconnect

avicenne13 wrote:
Hi,

I own a ReadyNAS Ultra II running on 4.2.26. I have a Samsung 55F7000 TV, and in between them I have a wired gigabit network, consisting of two Linksys switches and one Linksys router. All cabling is Cat 5A.

All work on UPS power, all parties have static IPs, and there is no traffic on the network.

Whenever I am watching a file on TV over ReadyNAS (ReadyDLNA) after some given time (5-15 minutes) the playback stops on the TV and I get the message that the server is disconnected.

Any ideas on what to do? I am sick of carrying mkv files with a USB stick.

Hi, not sure if your issue has been sorted yet but I had the exact same problem. Was driving me friggin nuts, not to mention testing the wife's patience!

I have a ReadyNAS RN102 connected thru a Netgear powerline switch to an ASUS DSL-N66U router and then to my Samsung 55D6000 TV. I had tried all sorts of things to resolve it and finally gave the NAS a static IP thinking this may solve the problem. It didn't.

Out of share frustration I went into the network map in my ASUS router (not sure if yours has the same capability, but from this screen you can see all MAC and IP addresses connected to your network). I noticed TWO entries for my ReadyNAS - one was the current static IP and the other was an IP the device had used before. I deleted the old one, and I have not had any issues since. From this I'm suspecting it was likely an IP conflict of sorts.

Perhaps try this and let me know if this worked for you or no.

Cheers.
Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Constant UPNP disconnect

You may also wish to see if the ReadyDLNA Update Add-on helps: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=27946
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements