× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Copying files from a ReadyNas Duo

NikonRich
Aspirant

Copying files from a ReadyNas Duo

Hi, I shall shortly be selling my ReadyNas Duo and I need to copy the data from it (300GB of photo's). If I try to copy the folder I get an error message saying the file cannot be copied. Unfortunately I have forgotten the password to login so I cannot even create a backup job (if thats the way to do it). Just need a way to copy the data to a USB hard drive.

Thanks

Model: RND2000|ReadyNAS Duo Chassis only
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@NikonRich wrote:

I have tried dragging the folder to the USB drive, the folder is copied but I get the message "an unexpexted error is preventing copying the file" when it tries to copy the photos.

What happens if you navigate into the folder, select all, and then drag the selection to the USB drive?

Also, have you confirmed that you can copy other files to the USB drive?

@NikonRich wrote:

the unit just says Duo so it's not version 2.

You can reset the admin password to netgear1 by following the OS Reinstall procedure on pages 15-16 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

Be careful not to do the reset, as that will destroy your files.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Normally you'd navigate into the folder, and select all (for instance ctrl-A in Windows) and then drag/drop to the output folder.  If you haven't tried that, then do that next.

You can reset the admin password using an OS reinstall (though we should verify that this is the original Duo, and not the Duo v2 first), The instructions for the boot menu depend on the model.  Does your NAS say "Duo" on the front panel?  Or "Duo v2"?  Note the other labels are confusing, so ignore them.

Message 2 of 5
NikonRich
Aspirant

Hi, the unit just says Duo so it's not version 2. I have tried dragging the folder to the USB drive, the folder is copied but I get the message "an unexpexted error is preventing copying the file" when it tries to copy the photos. I can open an image in photoshop so I know the files are ok?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@NikonRich wrote:

I have tried dragging the folder to the USB drive, the folder is copied but I get the message "an unexpexted error is preventing copying the file" when it tries to copy the photos.

What happens if you navigate into the folder, select all, and then drag the selection to the USB drive?

Also, have you confirmed that you can copy other files to the USB drive?

@NikonRich wrote:

the unit just says Duo so it's not version 2.

You can reset the admin password to netgear1 by following the OS Reinstall procedure on pages 15-16 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

Be careful not to do the reset, as that will destroy your files.

Message 4 of 5
NikonRich
Aspirant

I've managed to reinstall the OS and the password has been reset to the default. I can now transfer the files.

Nice one StephenB, Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements