× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Corporate contact

dennislv
Aspirant

Corporate contact

My experience with Netgear horrendous at this point would be an understatement. (Case 41475355)

Since Support is attrotious and keeps kicking the can, is it possible for someone from corporate to contact me?  Make me not regret purchasing all of Netgear products...

I bought your RN626 device for $2500, then a known bug in your software (active directory syncing) prevented it from working.  Your support group forced me to buy a support contract for $519, and instead of fixing it.  The fix the provided made it worse!  At least before I could set the shares to allow 'anonymous' users, now everyone gets a credential prompt and nothing works. 

I tried calling support, but since its already level3, no one is available to help... Non stop excuses...

Please explain what/why you made me buy that contract if you can't fix it?

I also advise anyone reading this to do some serious research before committing to ANY netgear product.  Learn from my mistake!

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 5
DEADDEADBEEF
Apprentice

Mind sharing what the issue is? This is a community forum where we users can help each other... I'm not aware of any AD syncing issues, works great for me and loads of others. 

Message 2 of 5
dennislv
Aspirant

[19-07-26 14:46:42] 458 rndb_account.c:2473 error: Error. Fail to insert $home_folder/$user/$group/$group_has_user: Internal DB error. (2454:19:UNIQUE constraint failed: $group_has_user.user_id, $group_has_user.group_id)
[19-07-26 14:46:42] 458 rndb_account.c:2614 error: rndb_ads_account_import() ==> 3 (791ms)
[19-07-26 14:46:42] 458 rndb_api.c:1197 error: rndb_import_nolock() ==> 3 (791ms)

I get the above error which looks like it was 'fixed' back in 6.5.x and now its back in 6.10.1.  Also, something with the Samba daemon's are unstable and keep crashing.  So out of nowhere all of the shares are suddently unaccessible.  

Support assured me I would be given priority support and asked that I leave a Teamviewer up on a machine so they could work on it, but haven't touched it in days.

Message 3 of 5
DEADDEADBEEF
Apprentice

Based on the message it looks like the import is causing a conflict in the readynasd database (/var/readynasd/db.sq3), a conflict where it's trying to import a value that already exists (entries in this table have to be unique).

Any possibility that you have a group or use in AD which shares the same name as local users/groups in the ReadyNAS? It's weird though because this table consists of IDs rather than names... Perhaps some old entries that are stuck and it's trying to re-add the same ones, could try to backup the database and force a rebuild by renaming it.

EDIT: Check the steps in the post below before trying to rebuild DB

systemctl stop readynasd
mv /var/readynasd/db.sq3 /var/readynasd/db.sq3.bak systemctl start readynasd

Might want to wait for Netgear support though if you're not familiar with the readynasd database.

Message 4 of 5
DEADDEADBEEF
Apprentice

You can look for duplicate users/group entries by running something like this:

awk -F":" '{print $1}' /etc/group | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn
awk -F":" '{print $1}' /etc/passwd | sort | uniq -c | sort - rn

Output will look something like this:

# awk -F":" '{print $1}' /etc/group | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn | head
      1 www-data
      1 winbindd_priv
      1 voice
      1 video
[...]

If there's any entry with a number higher than 1 on the left side, you have a duplicate entry. Then you can check if it's just an identical line that's duplicate or if there's a difference and remove whichever one is invalid. Note however that if the duplicate is due to a duplicate entry in your AD it will just return again.

If the duplicates are due to an AD user or group with same name as a local user/group then there's the problem and you'll likely need to either delete the local group on the ReadyNAS (if user created) or consider removing the group/user in your AD if shares the same name as one of the system groups/users (it's not considered good practice to have groups or users in your AD sharing name with common unix system user/group names)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements