× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Corrupted Folder ReadyNAS Ultra 4

Gurru
Aspirant

Corrupted Folder ReadyNAS Ultra 4

I have a ReadyNAS Ultra 4 with 8Tb space under Windows 7.

The other day i was moveing a folder including 20 subfolders to anoter area on same disk when someone turned my computer off.
The folder is now corrupted, I'm no longer allowed to read the main folder i tried to move, and all the subfolders are gone. (The rest of my folders are ok, and i have no errors on my NAS.)

The folders i tried to move contained photos, about 100.000 pics, I know they are still on the disk since i have the exact same space of disk used/free space now as before, but i just cant see the files or accsess the folder.

You have prolly figured out that im no good with computers? 😄
I have tried to install some software who should be able to rescue files, but Im afraid of making things worse. Is there any hope that i might be able to rescue my pictures somehow?

Any idea what to do? Or is it even possible?
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Corrupted Folder ReadyNAS Ultra 4

Contact support.

So you don't have a backup?
Message 2 of 5
Gurru
Aspirant

No backup....

OK about support, but what can support do about it? 🙂

My hope was to find someone in this forum with enough knowledge to at least tell me IF there is something to do.
Or do I need to find a geek forum to get any kind of help?
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Support can access the NAS remotely and look for the files.

You could try it yourself using ssh, but there is less risk to your data if you let support try first.
Message 4 of 5
Gurru
Aspirant

Thank you.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements