× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Crashplan on Docker on Readynas

Dewdman42
Virtuoso

Crashplan on Docker on Readynas

I have been using Crashplan to backup my readynas OS6 for quite some time.  Eventually I switched to the small business version of crashplan when they discontinued the home version.  Still so far so good...sorta, but eventually they eliminated the headless operation that we had been using for a while.  There is still a way to use crashplan on the readynas fairly painlessly using a docker container that can be found here:

https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/crashplan-pro/

This works surprisingly well and allows crashplan to be controlled and configured with a web interface.  However I am still running into a problem where some folders aren't allowing me to see or select the files in them.  I have tried already running the docker container as both admin:admin and root:root, but still the problem persists.  I think most likely this is related to the fact that the Readynas has some directories which are some kind of low level hard or soft link that docker doesn't see.  For example, in the docker crashplan UI, I can see the /home dir, and I can see various user dirs inside it, but none of the files inside each user are shown in the managing files screen...nor are they being backed up.  

I think this is probably a matter of using the -v option when setting up the docker container, in order to make those special readynas dirs seeable and backupable, but I haven't yet bneen able to figure out the right combination.  I'm also not able to see the contents of, for example, /etc/cron.d from the docker crashplan ui either.  A lot of other stuff from my main share is getting backed up no problem.  

Anyone else using crashplan docker on the readynas and might be able to shed some light?

Here is what I have so far for the docker container startup script, in case a knowledgable person knows what I need to do in order to get /home and /etc backed up to crashplan.  

docker run -d \
   --name=crashplan-pro \
   -p 5800:5800 \
   -p 5900:5900 \
   -v /apps/docker/crashplan-pro:/config:rw \
   -v /data:/data ro \
   -v /data/home:/home:ro \
   -e APP_NICENESS=10 \
   -e CLEAN_TMP_DIR=1 \
   -e CRASHPLAN_SRV_MAX_MEM=2560m \
   -e USER_ID=0 \
   -e GROUP_ID=0 \