× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Create & use music playlists on a NAS without a running

mjmilde
Tutor

Create & use music playlists on a NAS without a running PC

I am asking for some of the tremendous experience I see here to help in making and saving a playlist to use from the NAS without any PC's running.
I would like to use Windows Media Player 12 to make a playlist on my PC however have read some are using Twonky - I am just looking for an easy to use solution and do not see any direct posts to this issue.

When I make a playlists in Windows 7 Media player 12 "saving as" to my Readynas ultra 2 I see the playlist file in the NAS folder NAS...Media> Music - as well as the music files when viewing from my PC.
I can play any music in the various folders (Music, Album, Artist, Genre etc..) viewing from my WD TV Live Plus media player on a TV however when selecting the playlist folder from the WD media player. The response on the TV is "There is no media in the current folder".

I will be happy even using an external drive or flash drive on the WD player - however I really would like to use my NAS as a media streamer!!

I am not sure if I am just not using the software correctly or if I need more hardware or software on the NAS???

Has anyone used similar combinations of hardware / software have advice???

Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 3
Singularity
Tutor

So you want to store all your music on your Nas and serve/stream that to your WD TV Live Plus media player without your PC having to be switched on.

Yes that is possible provided you have the right bits...

Can you confirm what NAS you have and is the WD TV a DNLA client?
Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

WD TV Live Plus supports both DLNA and direct CIFS access.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements