× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Custom Snapshot Settings OS 6.5?

gl2k000
Aspirant

Custom Snapshot Settings OS 6.5?

If anyone could help me with where I can find the custom snapshot settings I would be greatful.  I've Google'd to no avail and have performed searches on this forum and I simply cannot find it.  I've looked at 3 of my NAS units and I'm not seeing it.  Is it something that must be enabled or am I just missing it?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Model: RN31664E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 6
Xatosch
Apprentice

Shares > Share > Settings > Snapshots > Snapshot Management: Move the slider from Smart to Custom...

Message 2 of 6
gl2k000
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply.  Unfortunately, I've looked there as i thought that was the most logical location but it's not there.    Is it supposed to be a tab, link, etc.?  I see Snapshot Schedule with the choices therein and Allow Snapshot Access but that's it regarding snapshots under the Properties tab for the share.  There are two NAS units that I've upgraded to 6.5 and neither have the toggle between smart<>custom.

Message 3 of 6
gl2k000
Aspirant

Just thought of trying a manual update to the latest firmware to see if that fixes the issue.  It's applying now.

Message 4 of 6
gl2k000
Aspirant

No change after manual update of firmware.  😞

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Go to the shares tab, and then select the settings wheel for the share.  You will see a pop-up with a snapshots tab.  There's a slider control that enabled custom snapshots. 

custom snapshots.png

There is an interaction with disk spindown - you need to make sure that disk spindown is disabled when then custom snapshots are taken.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements