× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DLNA Folder Issue - Unresolved

captjohnno
Aspirant

DLNA Folder Issue - Unresolved

After weeks of back and forth with Netgear support via email this issue is unresolved. Obviously phone support isn't an option as they just fob you off to the pay service Gearhead - which was a nightmare experience and nearly resulted in me losing all my data after incorrect advice from a Junior technician.

It's obvious other people are having the issue similar to the unanswered post below:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51324&p=316238#p316238

The issue is via a PS3 or Western Digital Media Player, I only see the top 3 or 4 folders - the remaining ones cannot be viewed. I have the latest firmware, permissions are correct, etc, etc. This was working fine then stopped a few months ago.

If the fix for this is there isn't one could someone with expertise state this - if a reset is required and I have to start from scratch could you please let me know. Or should I wait for the next firmware update as this could resolve the issue?

Additionally I believe I have to backup all data on the HDD's as a reset will erase these volumes, could you please confirm.

Apologies for the frustration however it is obvious many people are having this issue and there doesn't seem to be a solution apart from a reset.

Thanks,
Johnno
Message 1 of 2
glushing
Aspirant

Re: DLNA Folder Issue - Unresolved

I have just purchased a Readnas Duo 2100 and after a lot of resyncing and calls to netgear support, I still have not resolved the problem of missing folders. This happens when viewed via an Xbox 360, the datais on the network drive but al the folders do not appear when streaming to and xbox. The folders are on the readynas drive when viewed using Paidar, or if the drive is mapped using the pc to view the files. Have you had any success with the issue. I am running win7 premiun 64 bit

Thka
Glenn
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements