× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DLNA randomly drops out - WIFI

morgish1
Follower

DLNA randomly drops out - WIFI

Hi Everyone,

Using a WD TV Live to stream media from my ReadyNAS Duo 2. Running RAIDiator 5.3.7.

This worked great while I used WIFI to my TP-Link TL-WDR4300 router. I have recently added a TL-WA830RE WIFI repeater to extend my WIFI singal. The WD player now connected via the repeater, to the router which is CAT5 cabled to the NAS box.

Since the change, I will be watching a video via DLNA and it will randomly drop. DLNA service not visible on the player, a refresh brings it straight back up and all the content is there so no re-scan is in action for the DLNA service.

I have been reading and come accross the notify_interval=900 setting in minidlna.conf. I am hoping that lowering this number will help "keep-alive" the box as such and it won't loose it's connection? I can sucessfully edit the config file, save it and check the changes have applied BUT once I start the ReadyDLNA service again, the config figure autonatically changes back to 900 instead of the 30 which I set.

Have tried restarting the NAS box and changing the setting with DLNA stopped.

Any help would be appreciated,
Kris
Message 1 of 2
and001y
Aspirant

Re: DLNA randomly drops out - WIFI

Just a thought: could your renderer have just renewed its DHCP lease and been given a different IP address than what it had before?

Source from jammer types:
jammerfromchina.com
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements