× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DNLA not updating folder - ReadyNAS102

Trismegistus
Aspirant

DNLA not updating folder - ReadyNAS102

I setup my NAS with 2x8tb WD drives a couple of weeks ago.  Initially copied 3 large folders over from a HD, and then copied a lot more from another HD, then merged two folders with a new name.  All show-up fine in folder lists in Windows FE and also on a non-DNLA player, but in any DNLA player the old folder list appears and the new folder, with all my music concert files, doesn't.  If I try to play a file from the now renamed folder the player indicates a file error.

Why is the DNLA list of folders not updating after 2 weeks?  I tried a gracefull shut-down and restart, but this had no effect.  Is there a way of forcing the NAS to update its DNLA folder list?

Thanks.  

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: DNLA not updating folder - ReadyNAS102

If you click on ReadyDLNA on the system->settings->services page you will see a control that does a manual scan.

Normally DLNA doesn't preserve the folder structure - it usually organizes it's media by type.  So double check that the new titles aren't appearing in the Music "folder".

Also, you can download the log zip file from the web ui, and look in upnp-av.log.  If there are formatting issues with the tags (or even the media itself), that might cause the ReadyDLNA scan to crash.  That media could potentially be towards the end of your old folder, so keep that in mind.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you click on ReadyDLNA on the system->settings->services page you will see a control that does a manual scan.

Normally DLNA doesn't preserve the folder structure - it usually organizes it's media by type.  So double check that the new titles aren't appearing in the Music "folder".

Also, you can download the log zip file from the web ui, and look in upnp-av.log.  If there are formatting issues with the tags (or even the media itself), that might cause the ReadyDLNA scan to crash.  That media could potentially be towards the end of your old folder, so keep that in mind.

Message 2 of 3
Trismegistus
Aspirant

Many thanks.  The manual rescan solved the problem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements