× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DUO not visible to RAIDar on Win 7 Enterprise 64bit

jay1roy
Aspirant

DUO not visible to RAIDar on Win 7 Enterprise 64bit

ReadyNAS DUO Config: RAIDar 4.3.2, RAIDiator 4.1.7
System: Win 7 Enterprise 64bit.

I've used RAIDar on XP successfully but since my laptop got stolen, I am left with my work laptop that runs Win 7 Ent 64bit. I can access the DUO no prob via my network media player or by the Frontview but not through the RAIDar. I've tried every suggestion I've come across, like static IP, direct connection bypassing router etc... but everything other than RAIDar seems to find the DUO. I need to change my RAID setting and RAIDar seems to be the only way.

Is there a way to put the IP address of my DUO into some config/registry for RAIDar to work, if it can't auto-detect?
Please help!
jRoy
Message 1 of 2
jay1roy
Aspirant

Re: DUO not visible to RAIDar on Win 7 Enterprise 64bit

Ha!
Looks like there aren't any smart guys out there who could help moa with this issue :slap: . Well then I had to fix it myself :neener: and here is the solution for those who get stuck with a similar configuration.

It wasn't the firewall, static IP, subnet etc... but was "McAfee NDIS Intermediate Filter" :idea: . So, if you have an antivirus like McAfee that adds a filter to your network configuration,
1. go to your Network Connections window
2. right-click on the Connection (e.g. wireless network connection) and open Properties applet.
3. Find the filter option in the "This connection uses the following items" and un-check it.

Remember to enable it again once you are done with RAIDar to make your PC safer.

HTH,
jRoy
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements