× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DUO upgrade to RN102

RogerV
Aspirant

DUO upgrade to RN102

I have a RN duo V2 which will not communicate with the network. I think the ethernet adapter was zapped. The single 1T disk seems OK. Rather then try to fix it, I'd like to move to a RN102 with two 4T disks. Any ideas about how to do that?.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
RogerV
Aspirant

Re: DUO upgrade to RN102

Wow.... The linux reader took about 6 hours to scan the 1T dik but it discovered every single picture and music file.  I used a USB docking station station ($15 from Amazon),  I had previously agreed to pay up to $100 to the local geek shop to save the data but they said they couldn't get it because it was "encrypted".  Guess I owe the linux reader people a contribution!  

Big time thanks to StephenB for the two key answers: 1) How to tell I had a V1, and 2) putting me onto the linux reader.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Are you certain it is a v2?  Check this guide before you answer... http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Message 2 of 6
RogerV
Aspirant

Thanks for that.  It says v2 on the label but clearly per the article you referred me to it is a V1.

So how do I get my disk content to the RN102?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Get a USB adapter or enclosure, and use linux reader on a Windows PC.  That can read the data volume, so you can copy the data.

http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

Message 4 of 6
RogerV
Aspirant

I am awaiting delivery of a USB docking station.  I'll update after trying it. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
RogerV
Aspirant

Wow.... The linux reader took about 6 hours to scan the 1T dik but it discovered every single picture and music file.  I used a USB docking station station ($15 from Amazon),  I had previously agreed to pay up to $100 to the local geek shop to save the data but they said they couldn't get it because it was "encrypted".  Guess I owe the linux reader people a contribution!  

Big time thanks to StephenB for the two key answers: 1) How to tell I had a V1, and 2) putting me onto the linux reader.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements