× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Data volume is gone RN104

bhsmith
Aspirant

Data volume is gone RN104

I got an email this morning that my free space was at 5%.  So I went to delete a bunch of backups but they wouldn't delete.  So I thought I would reboot the system.  When it came back up, my data volume was gone.  I have uploaded the log files to

<REDACTED>

Anyone have any suggestions?  Or am I going to have to spend the next 4 or 5 days bringing back my backup?  Thanks.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Data volume is gone RN104

Don't post your log zip files publicly, as there is information in them that shouldn't be published.

I redacted the link, and will forward it in a private message to @JohnCM_S and @Marc_V  You send a PM using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

I redacted the link, and will forward it in a private message to @JohnCM_S and @Marc_V  You send a PM using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Change of plan here - the link you pasted didn't work.  So please PM them a working link.

Message 3 of 6
bhsmith
Aspirant

Thanks.  I sent the PM.

Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bhsmith,

Is your backup up-to-date?

Upon checking the logs, it looks like there is a corruption on the file system. In this situation, it is best to reset the NAS to factory default and then restore from backup.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
bhsmith
Aspirant

Well since I have to restore from backups, is there a BTRFS command I could try first?  I know I have done some reapir in the past but I don't think I did it correctly.  Now would be a good time to try it again.  

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements