× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Default permissions in DATA, HOME and WEBROOT?

viperhansa
Virtuoso

Default permissions in DATA, HOME and WEBROOT?

Hi all..

I wonder what the correct permissions would be in DATA, HOME and WEBROOT?

Right now i found some  folders set to guest:guest and 0777.

Is there a way to get all rights/permissions back to what it should be?

Scariest of all if i been hacked because i cannot remember setting those folders like that.

what do you think?

regards

// Hans

Model: RNDP6000-200 |ReadyNAS® Pro 6 |EOL
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Default permissions in DATA, HOME and WEBROOT?

@viperhansa wrote: "Is there a way to get all rights/permissions back to what it should be?"

You can reset the file access separately for each volume. On the admin page in the top menu use option shares. Than for the concerned volume hover the mose over the corrsponding row to see the config wheel. Click that and select settings from the upcoming context menu. In the upcoming dialogue select tab "file access". To the right there is a list of options you can select. Reset is one of them.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Default permissions in DATA, HOME and WEBROOT?

@viperhansa wrote: "Is there a way to get all rights/permissions back to what it should be?"

You can reset the file access separately for each volume. On the admin page in the top menu use option shares. Than for the concerned volume hover the mose over the corrsponding row to see the config wheel. Click that and select settings from the upcoming context menu. In the upcoming dialogue select tab "file access". To the right there is a list of options you can select. Reset is one of them.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements