× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Deleted snapshots on ready nas 104. Need HELP !

Jack456
Aspirant

Deleted snapshots on ready nas 104. Need HELP !

Hello,

Due to improper handling, all snapshots of a volume of my nas have been erased. All the files in this volume have disappeared but the size of the space used has not changed. I deduce that the data is still present but that access is impossible. Is it possible to recover this data?

ReafyNas 104 of 4 disks in Xraid.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Jack456 wrote:

Due to improper handling, all snapshots of a volume of my nas have been erased. All the files in this volume have disappeared but the size of the space used has not changed.

I am confused on what you are saying.

Do you mean to say that both the files and the snapshots are gone?

What was the "improper handling"?

Also, what firmware are you running.

Message 2 of 6
Jack456
Aspirant

My frimware is 6.4.2

Seeing that there was a big difference between the remaining space and the volume of data, I wanted to get some space.

When I inquired, I saw that we remove the old Snapshots to get some space but in the end I erased all the snapshots of the volume.

The volume has disappeared from the web interface but the size of available data has not changed (or very little).

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

The volume has disapeared from the volume tab?  Or did the share disappear from the shares tab?

Message 4 of 6
Jack456
Aspirant

The volume has disapeared from the volume tab

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Ok.  So there is no volume at all on the volume tab, and no shares or data are accessible from Windows Explorer (or OSX finder).  That likely means data loss, though it is possible that Netgear can remount the volume.

If you need to get the files off the NAS, then you should use paid support.  Data recovery might be needed ( https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service )  You could also try data recovery software like ReclaiMe.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements