× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device Discovery across subnets with pfsense router

jameswilson
Aspirant

Device Discovery across subnets with pfsense router

I have recently introduced a pfsense router and firwall into my network and have created two sub domains. I'm trying to make the ReadyNAS drive appear in my shared devices on my Mac and available on Popcorn hour media player when located on different sub net.

Through my mac I've validated I can ping the device and log into the web interface with no issue across the sub domains however the device is not appearing on the shared devices. I'm assuming solving this will allow the media player to also access the device.

I've opened up ports on both UTP and TCP for 135:139 + several others too many to list.

Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Device Discovery across subnets with pfsense router

Is this only about discovery?  That is, can you access a NAS share via finder on the mac (entering the IP address)?

Also, do you know what protocol the PCH media player is using?  SMB, NFS, or DLNA?

Message 2 of 3
jameswilson
Aspirant

Re: Device Discovery across subnets with pfsense router

I can access the NAS through the web server and I can ping the device. I had previously configured the share on the media server as SAMBA however also have the choice of NFS and NFS TCP.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements