× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Direct Ethernet Connection fails, works from router. ReadyNAS NV+

puredata
Follower

Direct Ethernet Connection fails, works from router. ReadyNAS NV+

Edit: I solved this, right after posting this question (which happens to me a lot) I kept assigning the same IP address I had from the WiFi Network. Duh. I replaced the .28 with .27 and it's all good. Since this is not a solution but my personal mistake post can be deleted (couldn't find how to delete my post)

Hi, I'm trying to access my old ReadyNAS I used to use it connected to my own router but now I need it directly connected to my computer. My computer is connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to access internet and I'm using the Ethernet port to connect my ReadyNAS. Steps I have taken this far before looking for help on this issue:

1-Reinstall the OS so everything gets reset
2-Connect it to a router access admin page, assign a static IP (192.168.0.28) which is visible on the front display.

3-Change Ethernet adapter settings in order to have a static IP with the following values (

IP address: 192.168.0.28

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Preffered DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

I'm not sure if these settings are correct in order to get a static IP)

4-Add Windows Credentials for 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.168.168

5-RAIDar shows the NAS as healthy and online but if I click on browse or admin page it won't allow me. 

Before taking these steps I was able to at least browse the NAS but couldn't reach the admin page. Now I can't do neither of them. 

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements