× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disable IPv6 via command?

peet1
Guide

Disable IPv6 via command?

Is there a simple command to disable ipv6? It seems to like to turn itself back on from time to time and I'd just like to set up a simple script to see if it's enabled, turn it off, then restart a process.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.Peet

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You just disable it from the network settings wheel in the web ui.

I've never seen it come back on.

Message 2 of 6
jak0lantash
Mentor

@StephenB wrote:

You just disable it from the network settings wheel in the web ui.

As @StephenB said, it's actually better to do this type of configuration via the Web UI. This is also because most config parameters are stored in a database and frequently reapplied to the actual configuration files. So your modifications via CLI may get overwritten by the values from the database (as defined in the Web UI).

Message 3 of 6
peet1
Guide

Thanks guys. I understand what you are saying, and I guess I just wasn't as clear as I should've been.

What I am looking for is a way to call the same sub system that is called by frontview so that my settings don't get stomped on by ReasyNAS OS.

I'll keep poking a stick at it. If anyone has any advice to achieve this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Message 4 of 6
peet1
Guide

It is possible that it's something I've done that turns it back on. But another part of what I need is a reproducable environment across multiple NAS's that doesn't require me to touch every one.

Thanks.Peet

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You could try

1. sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
  2. sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies