× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Do ReadyNAS Pro permissions expire?

Bill_CTS2
Follower

Do ReadyNAS Pro permissions expire?

My other thread regarding the .NET error has no responses, so may I put my issue another way?

A client running a program that relies upon .NET 1.1 will suddenly get an "access denied" error. Other clients will be able to connect with this same application.

And, when this happens, the client always is still able to access the server through My Computer.

I go to Share Listing > Affected Folder > CIFS Options > Advanced Options. There, I have set all users to have read/write access.

When I check the box to apply (or re-apply) these settings, THEN my affected client can use their .NET application to access the share.

But why does this happen? And how do I prevent it? Is this a permission issue. or a .NET issue? It seems random to me and is becoming frustrating.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
Message 1 of 4
cloud1
Aspirant

Have you checked "Advanced CIFS Permission" in CIFS tag? I guess maybe you set some certain permission for the new created files.
Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

cloud wrote:
Have you checked "Advanced CIFS Permission" in CIFS tag? I guess maybe you set some certain permission for the new created files.
Perhaps check the box "Do not allow ACL changes to be more restrictive than this." in that section.
Message 3 of 4
Bill_CTS
Aspirant

Thank you to Cloud and StephenB for your responses.

CIFS permissions are set to give the owner and everyone read/write permissions. the "Do not allow ACL... " option IS selected.

On the Advanced Options tag, choosing "Set ownership and permission for existing files and folders in this share..." temporarily resolves my issue.

I am still trying to resolve this distracting problem.

I will continue this idea, with new information, in a Thread called "How Can I Change Read-Only permissions on files in the ReadyNAS"

Thanks again, Bill
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements